When You Need Puppy or Kitten Care Glen Allen, VA Has Your Back
That joy starts young, in the puppy and kitten years, when animals are extra-charming but extra-vulnerable. In these baby years, maintaining a routine schedule of vet visits is critical to ensure the health and happiness of your animal for life. If you’re looking for kitten care Glen Allen, VA is the place to go. Short Pump Animal Hospital is a highly respected, community clinic that will work hard to ensure your pet’s safety and happiness. If you have a young cat, we invite you to bring them in for the best kitten care Glen Allen, VA has to offer.
Primary Care for Puppy & Kittens
In addition to dental services and emergency care, you need an outlet for routine primary care. Our services include:
- Wellness Exams: Routine exams help ensure your pet isn’t suffering from an undiagnosed infection or disease and helps ensure lifelong health.
- Vaccinations: Vaccinations are essential to help your pet build up immunity to certain bacteria, viruses, and parasites. The core vaccinations for dogs include canine parvovirus (CPV), canine distemper virus (CDV), canine adenovirus (CAV) and rabies, while critical innoculations for cats are feline herpesvirus 1 (FHV1), feline calicivirus (FCV), feline panleukopenia virus (FPV), feline leukemia virus (FeLV - kittens) and rabies.
- Parasite Control: Cats and dogs are prone to parasites from the youngest ages, so you need a vet on hand to help you monitor the status of your animal and respond as necessary.
- Spaying & Neutering: Fixing your animal not only prevents unwanted kittens and puppies in the world, it keeps your animal safer, so make an appointment today.
- Special Diet Considerations: Some pets need special diets to accommodate a health condition or a specific breed need.
- Behavior Training & Socialization: Many animals need a little help becoming socialized and learning to behave in polite society, both animal and human. We can help!
Benefits of Pet Insurance Early On
While it’s typical to imagine needing insurance toward the end of your pet’s life, insurance is actually a good idea at the very earliest stages. Many congenital disorders (such as hip dysplasia in dogs, for instance) manifest early on and need to be corrected when your animal is only a matter of months old. Expenses arise when you least expect them, so talk to your vet today about the potential benefits of insurance.
When You Need Kitten or Puppy Care Glen Allen, VA Is the Place to Go
Thinking about where to find the best kitten or puppy care Glen Allen, VA has to offer? Please get in touch with us here at Short Pump Animal Hospital right away. Our friendly staff will help you make an appointment as soon as possible, and we’ll start your beloved pet down the road to lifelong health. Give us a call at (804) 360-0100 and we’ll see you soon.